In the March issue of O Magazine, there's an article written by Beth Macy entitled "Before I Forget" which details a colleague's descent into dementia. I read it on the plane on my way home from Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago.
Last week, I finished "Buffalo Lockjaw", Greg Ames' story of a son's last Holiday with his 56 year old Alzheimer's stricken Mother.
Four days ago, I realized I was driving in circles when I passed Target for a second time...
Granted, I was in an area that's unfamiliar to me, but it made me start thinking. You just never know, do you? You never know when the rug might get pulled out from under your feet and suddenly you're clutching a stuffed frog in some old folks home, completely unable to communicate to anyone that the frog needs a beer.
So that's why I decided to start a blog. I have a few things to say and some stories I'd like to tell... before I lose my mind.
Stay Tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment